Blog Posting Tips
There is no one absolute way you must post articles on your blog. However, there are a few blog posting tips you should keep in mind if you want to maximize your blogging efforts.
1. Target a keyword phrase. This is one of the most important blog posting tips. When you do this you help the search engines know exactly what your blog article is about.
To do this you need to build a keyword list for all of your future blog posts. Google Adwords offers a free keyword tool that will bring up the most commonly searched keyword phrases related to the niche your blog is in.
2. Post the keyword only in the title. Rather than list the whole title of your article just list the keyword phrase only.
This will show up in the blog URL. When search engines spider your blog they know exactly what that article is about and this can help you rank on search engines for that keyword phrase.
3. The first paragraph. Put your keyword phrases as close to the front of the first sentence as possible. Go ahead and bold that keyword phrase for additional emphasis.
4. The body. This is a good place to link to a couple of additional sources.
You might link to an affiliate product you are promoting. You might also link to helpful resources that you do not personally benefit from. Search engines like it when you do this.
5. The closing paragraph. Quickly summarize your blog article and again list your keyword phrase exactly as you have posted it in the title and first paragraph. Again bold it for additional emphasis.
6. All in One SEO Pack. This is a free plug-in that you should download.
On every blog post that you make you can list the title, description, and keywords using the all in one SEO plug in. You can then submit this for the search engines to find.
7. Social directories. Unless you have a high-traffic blog search engines will not come to it on a regular basis.
One way to get your blog spidered by the search engine robots quicker is to use a submission service for your blog post. Only Wire is a good one to get your blog posts submitted to over 40 online directories.
This is very easy to do. All you need is the title of your blog post, the description, the key words, and the blog post URL. You paste these in, hit submit, and the information goes out to the various social directories.
If you follow these blog posting tips you will increase the exposure your blog receives. Ultimately you will also increase the traffic it gets.
If you need help with blogging the Affiliate Power Group, an online mentoring group can help you.
Tagged with: blog posting tips
Filed under: blogging tips
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!