Marketing A Home Business On A Limited Budget
Many home business owners do not have a lot of extra money to spend on sales and marketing. When starting your home business this is understandable, because so many people who start a home business are doing it on a part time basis to supplement their income.
In this article let’s talk about marketing a home business using five strategies that are free or almost free.
1. Article marketing. Writing and submitting articles to online directories is a good way to drive traffic to your home business website.
Once you get the hang of it you can write a 400 word article in 15 to 20 minutes. It only takes a few minutes to submit your article to some of the top online article directories. If you would rather use an article submission service to do the job for you I recommend SubmitYourArticle.
If you have a little bit of extra money you can pay a freelance writer to write articles for you. You can even outsource this overseas if you are willing to spend a little bit of time correcting grammar.
2. Blogging. Search engines love blogs and this could be an excellent source of traffic for your home business.
Your blog can also be a good way to brand yourself as an expert on the niche your home business is in. Many people will subscribe to an RSS feed if they find a blogger they want to follow.
3. Free business cards. Vista Print offers 250 business cards for free. All you do is pay for the shipping to get them to you.
You can keep these simple and just get your website address, name and email address on your cards. Hand these out as you go about your daily activities and you will generate some free traffic and create new prospects.
4. Email marketing. When you build an email list you can market your home business to it. As your business changes, you can also promote new products and opportunities to your subscribers.
It does take some skill and effort to build your email list, but the Internet offers many good ways to do this. Promoting landing pages is one of the best ways to generate new subscribers. TrafficWave is a quality autoresponder I recommend.
5. Traffic exchanges. Clicking on ads is not very glamorous, but it does buy you impressions on the opportunity you are promoting. You can purchase traffic clicks for a little bit of money and save yourself some time.
These are several ideas on marketing a home business when you are working with a limited budget. If you’re willing to invest a little bit of time you can compensate for your lack of money.
You can find more proven ways of marketing a home business online on my Internet Marketing Training web page.
Tagged with: marketing a home business
Filed under: internet marketing
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!