Online Business Opportunities: How To Tell If They Are Legitimate?
When researching online business opportunities it is always wise to be cautious. The last thing you want is to be scammed out of some of your hard-earned money.
If you’re looking at online business opportunities to join here are a few tips to determine if they are legitimate or not.
1. Are people getting their checks on time? Ultimately everything comes down to money so you might as well find out before if people are getting paid.
Some business opportunities have discussion forums and you can see if there are any complaints about the checks being slow. You can also ask for references and contact other members directly to make sure they are happy with how fast paychecks come.
2. Do they provide customer service either by phone, email, or both? It’s always a pet peeve of mine to be ignored by an online business opportunity. If you send an email that goes unanswered that’s not a good sign. Many legitimate companies also provided phone customer service and if they pick up the phone and answer it that is a good sign.
3. How long have they been in business? The Internet has been around long enough now for online business opportunities to have some stability. Chances are you can find one that’s been in business for long enough to give you peace of mind.
4. Do you know anyone currently doing them? A reference from a friend or business partner is always good.
You can also asked around social networking sites and see what people have to say. Your Facebook friends and twitter followers might be involved in an opportunity or a least be unaware of the one you’re considering.
5. What type of products do they offer? If the products appear to be a scam this would be a business to avoid.
You can also look at the product guarantees to see if the company stands behind their product. Companies with confidence in the product that they backed by a guarantee are probably legitimate.
6. What do people in discussion forums have to say? This is an excellent place to get your questions answered about the legitimacy of any online business. There might be a thread already started, or you can ask a question of your own and view the responses.
7. Do they reflect a legitimate business on their website? This would mean that they include a physical address on their website. They also include logos to reputable organizations such as the Better Business Bureau, i-COP, and others.
These are several ideas on how to check if online business opportunities are legitimate. Thankfully there are more legitimate opportunities than there are scams, so the chances of you finding a quality one are very good.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!